Dhaka city tour is for a day long trip operating by local tour guide and operator. To do, day tour in Dhaka, we select most attractive common places. For full day Dhaka city tour, you can book a tour with us for easily travel and get proper information from highly experienced tour guide. By reserved car, our tour guide or operator will take you to the best tourists places in Dhaka city.
Duration: Full Day / 10 Hours. Tour Starts: 8/9 AM and Finish: 5/6 PM. Time to Visit: Round the Year. (Customize-able). See photo album of Dhaka city tour.
Tour Plan to Visit the Highlighted Places in Old Dhaka City
- 8.00 AM: Our experienced professional tour guide or operator with a car will meet at your hotel in Dhaka city or at airport to start the new and old Dhaka trip. Tour guide will pick up and continue driving for the tour to old Dhaka city.
- 8.30 – 8.50 AM: Start the journey for whole day trip. On the way, you will visit outside of Parliament Building. It is the parliament house of Bangladesh. Parliament sits in this building. The construction of this building was started in 1961 and completed in 1982 on the design of American architect Louis Khan. This is one of the famous legislative constructed building of the world. Its cost about USD $ 32 million. If you want to visit inside the building, please tell us at least one week ago so that we can try to get permission. This is a remarkable in Dhaka city tour. We will continue driving to old Dhaka city.
- 9,00 AM– Curzon Hall visit – During the British king era, the building was built after the name of lord Curzon who set the foundation in 1904 as town hall. Now it is under University of Dhaka. While visiting this area, you will see several buildings display British design colonial period. The history of British will draw you back to think. A good place is for walking around to relax. Its important to see in Dhaka city tour.
Dhaka City Tour is a Day Long Trip in New and Old Dhaka
- 9.20 – 9.40 AM: Now we will visit Dhakeshwari Temple. This temple was built in 11th century by king Ballal Sen. It is a state own Hindu temple of Bangladesh. Name of the temple means the Goddess of Dhaka. This is why people believe that name of the capital city is after the temple name. As it is very oldest and famous temple, every day many visitors gather here to visit and Hindus are here to worship.
- 9.50 – 10.10 AM: Continue driving to visit Khan Muhammed Mridha Mosque. It is a Mughal period mosque built in 1704.
- 10.15 – 11.00 AM: We will visit Lalbagh Fort – Emperor Aurangzeb’s son Muhammed Azam started its construction in 1678 AD. Shaesta Khan got order from Muhammed Azam to complete this fort. During construction, his beloved daughter’s immature death shocked his heart very much for which he stopped the construction. It is an incomplete fort which carries historical information. There was tunnel for them to hide while there was any battle and to cross a river. It has seal now. This is most important tour spot in Dhaka city.
- 11.10 – 11.45 AM: Take a visit to Star Mosque. This mosque has ornate design and figured with blue stars inner and outer. Mirza Golam a landlord built it with Mughal style in the first half of 19th century. Mosaics and tiles were brought from Japan and Europe to set design on the wall. Star mosque has oblong domes. This mosque is still in use. It is a worthy place in Dhaka city tour.
Must See Our Photo Album of This Trip
- 11.55 – 12.15 PM: Start toward Armenian Church. Armenian community was in 17th and 18th century in Dhaka. Armenian community built it in their existence. Persians conquered Eastern Armenia. That time a king named Shah Abbas deported approximately 40,000 Armenian businessmen to Isfahan and new Julfa. This community followed Persians and came here. Mughal govt in the late of 17th century recognized the traders. Their business was textile, jute and leather. There is a big church where you can see some graveyards.
- 12.20 – 01.00 PM: On this time, you can walk on Islampur Road to see the busy market. This place is the largest wholesale cloth market of Bangladesh where businessmen come from every corner of the country for shopping. Then continue to Shakari Bazar. A narrow lane of walking path goes to Shakari Bazar. Shakari Bazar is a market place where mostly things for Hindus are sale. This bazar was started from Mughal period. A crowded place in old Dhaka. A best place for photography too. To visit this place, you have to walk long through the path. It’s amazing of Old town. Here you can see the oldest buildings.
Break Time for Lunch at Local Restaurant
- 1.10 – 1.50 PM: This is lunch time. You can have local food at nearby good restaurant. Enjoy Bangladeshi dishes.
- 2.15 – 2.55 PM: By walking you will go to the place Ahsan Manzil. This edifice was the official residential palace and seat of Nwab (King) of Dhaka. Once it was used to enjoy the time on dancing program by beautiful girls brought from home and abroad. Its construction was started in 1859 and completed in 1872. Now this is a government owned museum. Used things of them are now in this museum. This building draws much attraction to native and foreign tourists.
- 3.05 – 3.20 PM: Walk around Sadarghat (River Transportation Point) – A water transport station where launch, steamer, engine boat and paddle boat start here to launch tour from Dhaka to other district city. Sadarghat is at Burigangha river. This place is very crowd and traffic of paddle boats. Good place for boating. You must enjoy this place seeing daily activities and boating in the river. This is the best place for photography.
- 3.25 – 4.00 PM: To enjoy seeing hundreds of rowing boats in Buriganga river or you can also travel by rowing boat. People cross the river by boats from one side to other sides.
- 4.10 PM: Get into the car to head back to your hotel/ residence / airport.
- 5.30 – 6.00 PM: We will drop off at your place. The trip of Old Dhaka City ends.
Advice to visit Old Dhaka City
- All highlight tourists sites will remain open on Friday, Saturday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Ahsan Manzil will remain closed on Thursday.
- Ahsan Manzil will open at 3 pm on Friday. Very crowed for off day.
- Lalbagh Fort will remain closed on Sunday.
- Lalbagh Fort will open at 2 pm on Monday.
- Ahsan Manzil and Lalbagh will remain close on any government holidays.
- While visiting religious places such as mosque men and women should wear long pant, Women should cover hair and body with cloth. Do not visit prayer time. There are 5 times of prayer in a day.
- To visit inside, you should put off your shoes outside.
- To visit inside Hindu temple, keep your shoes off. Because they are in pray.
- Parliament building visiting from outside is possible anytime. If you want to see inside, we can take permission that will charge you extra fee.
- The trip is customize-able. Check more Bangladesh tours package to visit old Dhaka organized by Orient Tourism Channel
- Since it is a day long city tour in Dhaka, you can book anytime.
Note: To customize Dhaka city tour, you can contact our tour guide or operator.