Old Dhaka tour is a day trip in new and old Dhaka city. It is the most common highlighted sightseeing tour in new and old Dhaka city. The best places to visit in Old Dhaka are Parliament Building, Star Mosque, Ahsan Manzil ( pink palace), Lalbagh fort, Dhakeshawry oldest Hindu Temple, Ship yard, Kawaran Bazar, Sadarghat boating etc. Our local tour guide of the city as story teller will accompany you in old Dhaka tour package. He is professional and experienced in this field to make your tour interesting.
Duration of old Dhaka tour package: Full day / 10 hours, Location: New and Old city in Dhaka. Time to Visit: Round the year.
Start: At 8.00 am / 9.00 am, Finish: 5 pm / 6 pm. Activities: Full day city visit to the best following places in new and old Dhaka. (Customize able).
Itinerary of Old Dhaka Tour (City Tour Package)
Starting early in the morning for photography tour in the biggest vegetable market – Kawaran Bazar in Bangladesh. This is the best for photographer. It may take minimum 15 minutes to visit this place.
- Kawran Bazar is the oldest vegetable market. It is a busy market all time. Early morning is the best time for photography tour in Dhaka. Very busy place that you can not use car to move in. So, you have to walk through crowd if you want to see the vegetable market.
Continue driving to another place parliament building. You can visit it from outside. Just for taking photo. Visiting can be minimum 5 minutes from outside.
- Parliament building – the distinctive National Parliament Building is a national parliament house. The parliament building was excellently designed by American architect Louis Khan while it was still Pakistan. It is one of the largest legislative buildings of the world. Construction started in 1961 and finished in 1982. You can see it from outside.
After this place visiting, we will drive continually to that attraction. It may take minimum 10 minutes to visit around.
- Dhakeshawari Hindu temple is a state owned temple. It was built in 12th century. Dhakeshawari means Goddess of Dhaka. The oldest temple in capital city where Hindus gather to worship. This is a national temple. It’s possible to see their religious activities during the trip.
To visit inside the mosque, need some guidelines
Later we will move to this attraction. It may take minimum 20 minutes to visit inside and outside.
- Star Mosque is a beautiful oldest mosque. It is with star signs and design inner and outer walls with mosaic imported from Japan, China and English tiles. Hundreds of blue stars used on the domes of white marble. It was built in 19th century during Mughal period. This is also a famous mosque.
- It will please you obviously to visit one of the best places in Old Dhaka. Here you can travel to by rickshaw or walk. To visit inside, men or women should wear a cloth to cover full body such as long pant and shirt, not open legs. Besides women should cover hair with cloth.
After this visiting, we will continue driving to that place. Here it may take minimum 30 minutes to visit.
- Curzon Hall is a British king era building. It got the name after Lord Curzon who founded it in 1904. It shows British design building. Now this is the faculty of Dhaka University which is worthy in city tour.
During the trip learn our exclusive Bangla culture
You may visit this place. Nothing attraction. But it carries information of our country. It can take minimum 5 minutes to visit the site.
- National Martyrs’ Memorial is a monument of Bangladesh. It reminds those who died in liberation war of 1971. Central Shaheed Minar is a national martyr monument. Its establishment was after language movement in 1952. It carries the history of Bangla language.
Proceed continually to this tour attraction. It may take minimum 20 minutes to visit around.
- Lalbag Mughal Fort is the most popular fort of arts by Mughal empire. The construction work started in 1678 but it was incomplete. It carries huge history. Death of Pori bibi made which was the main reason to stop completion of the work. The grave is inside the area. It is one of the most important historical tourist places in Dhaka city. Tour to this best place in old Dhaka is a must.
Now we move to this tour attraction which is very crowd area. You have to walk and use rickshaw to move. It may take minimum 30 minutes to visit around.
- Shakari Bazar is the oldest market place stretching narrow lane with two sides oldest brick buildings. This market named after Bengali Hindus. It was build in Mughal period or colonial period. Walking tour through narrow lanes of old Dhaka is to see bazzar and explore busy life of people. First the Bazar was settle with Hindus’ products. It is also the best place for photography tour in Dhaka. You can walk through the narrow road for about half an hour. It is very crowd area.
Enjoy Day Long Tour to the Best Places in New and Old Dhaka City
Continue driving to this place. This visiting may take minimum 10 minutes.
- Armenian Church is historically significant place which has architectural design building. Armenia church was built in the existence Armenian in 17th century. Still it is active. Clergy tell the history of it to foreign visitors. There is cemetery near the church.
Afterward we will drive continually to this place where you can spend minimum 30 minutes.
- Ahsan Manzil is of Mughal era called Pink Palace. It was built in 1859 and completed in 1872. In the starting, this building was used to enjoy the time keeping beautiful girls brought from home and abroad. Now it is a national museum. There are used things of emperors in this museum.
Here we continue walking at the side of Buriganga river to visit this place. You will enjoy the busiest place. It may take minimum 1 hour to visit.
- Sadarghat terminal is a water bus station from where water transports start launch here towards other locations through mighty rivers. It is the most crowd place of people walking and working in the city. Many paddle wooden boats carry passengers and things from one side to another in Buriganga river. Big launches are at the point to start. A nice place to meet local people and enjoy life of Bangladeshi people.
- This place is the best for photography tour in Dhaka. If you are interested to see the crowd and traffic of people, it is a good place. But you have to walk through crowd. You can take boat journey in the Buriganga river to see daily activities. The boat is not muffled. In this place as there are many water transports, there is noise and whistle of them.
Enjoy your time with real professional tour guide
Later we can go to this uncommon attraction. It may take minimum 20 minutes to visit around.
- Small ship breaking and boat repairing yard is here. Once it was used to do huge work. Now you can see how workers break launch, boat and repairing these water transports. People are busy always in their daily work. Good location to do photography tour in Dhaka.
- You will enjoy famous local food at a Bengali restaurant at lunch time during tour in Old Dhaka. Enjoy Bangladeshi food.
Per Person Price Option of the Trip is Below in USD
|1||$ 85||$ 100|
|2||$ 50||$ 60|
|3||$ 40||$ 50|
|4||$ 30||$ 45|
|5||$ 27||$ 40|
|6||$ 25||$ 35|
|7||$ 20||$ 30|
|8-15||$ 30||$ 40|
|Included in Old Dhaka Tour Package: |
Pick up from your hotel inside Dhaka
OR from residence inside Dhaka or airport in Dhaka.
Reserved private Air Condition car / micro bus for whole day city tour in new and old Dhaka.
Car parking at tourists spots.
All fees where necessary.
All entrance fee for the mentioned places.
English speaking local tour guide.
And drop off at picked up place.
Or your choice place inside Dhaka.
|Included in Old Dhaka City Tour Package:|
Pick up from your hotel or airport inside Dhaka.
Private AC car for whole day city tour.
Professional experienced tour guide as story-teller.
Lunch (Bengali food- rice, lentil, vegetable, fish/chicken/beef/mutton at local restaurant).
Snacks (biscuit, seasonal fruit, fried gram, tea, coffee).
Mineral water bottled.
Entry fee at all tourist places.
And drop off at hotel / airport or your choice place in Dhaka.
|Excluded in Old Dhaka Tour: Lunch and personal expense.||Excluded in Old Dhaka Tour:|
Guidelines and Advice to Join in The Trip
- For men and women, you can wear any kind of dress like pants, trouser, T-shirt etc to visit all places except religious places.
- To visit religious places such as mosque, (1) to go inside the mosque for women any kind of dress should be with long pants / trouser, scarf to cover body and hair. (2) for men dress should be with long pants/ trouser. During prayer time, you can not go inside. Because people are praying. You have to wait until people finish their prayer.
- Foreigners are accepted friendly everywhere in Bangladesh. People think you nice persons to look at for your complexion. That’s why you may be focused to Bangladeshis. They will look at you. Sometimes, they may ask you some questions. No worry for this sight.
More Information About the Places
Ahsan Manzil opening time from April to September.
- Saturday to Wednesday: 10.30 AM – 5.30 PM.
- Ahsan Manzil will be closed on Thursday.
- It will be open on Friday after 3 pm to 7.30 pm.
Ahsan Manzil opening time from October to March.
- Saturday to Wednesday: 9.30 AM – 4.30 PM.
- This will be closed on Thursday.
- It will be open on Friday after 3 pm to 7.30 pm.
Lalbagh Fort opening time from April to September.
- It will remain closed on Sunday and on any government holidays. During Ramadan, it is closed till 4 pm.
- Tuesday to Saturday: 10 am to 1 pm and 1.30 pm to 6 pm.
- Monday: 2.30 pm to 6 pm.
- Friday: 10 am to 12.30 pm and 2.30 pm to 6 pm.
Lalbagh Fort opening time from October to March.
- Tuesday to Saturday: 9 am to 1 pm and 1.30 pm to 5 pm.
- Monday: 1.30 pm to 5 pm.
- Friday: 9 am to 12.30 pm and 2 pm to 5 pm.
Ahsan Manzil and Lalbagh fort will remain closed during government holidays. But you can see from outside of the places. All tourist spots become very crowd during weekends and any government official leaves.
Note: In Old Dhaka city tour package, you can see old historical sites and informative places which are the best and common places to visit in Dhaka division. Besides there are more things to see in and around Dhaka city. Old Dhaka tour operated By Orient Tourism Channel and find more city tour package here in this website. You can customize it on your choice which you want to visit or not.