Old Dhaka tour is a day trip in the capital city of Bangladesh. Places to visit in this tour are Parliament Building, Star Mosque, Ahsan Manzil ( pink palace), Lalbagh fort, Dhakeshawry old Hindu Temple, Ship yard, Old Bazar, boating etc. Our city guide as story-teller will accompany you in old Dhaka tour. He is professional and experienced in this field.
Duration of old Dhaka tour: Full day / 10 hours – Location: New and Old city in Dhaka.
Best Time: Round the year.
Itinerary of Old Dhaka Tour (City Visit)
At 8.00 am / 9.00 am, we will start our trip activities for full day city tour in Dhaka to the following places.
- Sadarghat terminal is a water bus station from where water buses start launch here towards other towns through mighty rivers. It is the most crowd place of people walking and working in the city. Many paddle wooden boats carry passengers and things from one side to another in Buriganga river. Big launches are at the point to start. A nice place to meet local people and enjoy life of Bangladeshi people.
- Shakari Bazar is the oldest market place stretching narrow lane with two sides brick building. This market named after Bengali Hindus. It was build in Mughal period or colonial period. Walking tour through narrow lanes of old Dhaka city is to see bazar and busy life of people. First the Bazar was settle with Hindus’ products.
- Star Mosque is an old mosque with star signs and design inner and outer walls with mosaic imported from Japan, China and English tiles. Hundreds of blue stars used on the domes of white marble. It was built in 19th century during Mughal period. This is also a famous mosque. It will please you obviously.
- Armenian Church is historically significant place which has architectural design building. Armenia church was built in the existence Armenian in 17th century. Still it is active. Clergy tell the history of it to foreign visitors. There is cemetery near the church.
Enjoy Day Tour in New and Old Dhaka City
- Dhakeshawari Hindu temple is a state owned temple. It was built in 12th century. Dhakeshawari means Goddess of Dhaka. The oldest one in capital city where Hindus gather to worship. This is a national temple. It’s possible to see their religious activities during the trip.
- Lalbag Mughol Fort is the most popular fort of arts by Mughal empire. The construction work started in 1678 but it was incomplete. It carries huge history. Death of Pori bibi made which was the main reason to stop completion of the work. The grave is inside the area. The most important tour place in Dhaka city.
- Curzon Hall is a British king era building. It got the name after Lord Curzon who founded it in 1904. It shows British design building. Now this is the faculty of Dhaka University which is worthy in city tour.
- Central Shaheed Minar is a national martyr monument. Its establishment was after language movement in 1952. It carries the history of Bangla language.
- Ahsan Manzil is of Mughal era called Pink Palace. It was built in 1859 and completed in 1872. In the starting, this building was used to enjoy the time keeping beautiful girls brought from home and abroad. Now it is a national museum. There are used things of emperors in this museum. Worthy tour place in Dhaka city.
- The distinctive National Parliament Building is a national parliament house. The parliament building was excellently designed by American architect Louis Khan while it was still Pakistan. It is one of the largest legislative buildings of the world. Construction started in 1961 and finished in 1982. You can visit it outside.
Most Common Tour of Foreign Tourists
- National Martyrs’ Memorial is a monument of Bangladesh. It reminds those who died in liberation war of 1971.
- You will enjoy famous local food during Dhaka city tour in a Bengali restaurant at lunch time. Enjoy Bangladeshi food.
- Visit ends: we will drop you at your place by 5/6 pm. You can customize old Dhaka tour on your choice which you want to visit or not in the city.
Price Option of the Trip is Below in USD
|Persons||Price Option-A (Each Person)||Price Option-B (Each Person)|
|1||$ 95||$ 150|
|2||$ 55||$ 90|
|3||$ 45||$ 80|
|4||$ 35||$ 75|
|5||$ 30||$ 70|
|6||$ 25||$ 60|
|7||$ 20||$ 50|
|8||$ 30||$ 45|
|9||$ 30||$ 45|
|10||$ 30||$ 45|
|11||$ 30||$ 45|
|12||$ 30||$ 45|
|13||$ 30||$ 40|
|14||$ 30||$ 40|
|15||$ 30||$ 40|
|Included:||Pick up from your hotel / airport in Dhaka, private AC car for whole day city tour, parking fee, entry fee, local tour guide, bottled mineral water, snacks (biscuit, seasonal fruit, fried gram, tea) and drop off at picked up place or your choice place inside Dhaka.||Pick up from hotel or airport inside Dhaka, private AC car for whole day city tour, professional tour guide as story-teller, lunch (Bengali food- rice, lentil, vegetable, fish/chicken/beef/mutton at local restaurant), snacks (biscuit, seasonal fruit, fried gram, tea, coffee), mineral water bottled, parking fee, entry fee, fuel, driver expense and drop off at hotel / airport or your choice place in Dhaka.|
|Excluded:||Lunch and personal expense.||Personal expense.|
Advice to Join in This Trip
As a man you can wear any kind of dress like pants, trouser, T-shirt to visit all places. For women, dress should be covering whole body. scarf and loose dress are better. But to visit a religious place such as a mosque, both man and woman should cover body, no short pants. Woman should cover your head.
Foreigners are accepted especially in Bangladesh. People think you nice persons. That’s why you may be focused to Bangladeshis. They will look at you. Sometimes, they may ask you anything. No worry for this sight.
More Information About the Tours
Note: In city tour, you can see old historical place which is the best tourist place in Dhaka division. There are more things to see in and around the city. Besides, there are textile mills where tourists can visit to see the daily work and mechanism. Small ship breaking yard is here. Once it was used to do huge work. Now you can see how workers break launch, boat and repairing these water transports. People are busy always in their daily work. Old Dhaka tour operated By Orient Tourism Channel and find more city visit package here.