Sonargaon tour to Panam city, the ancient capital city of Bangladesh with our professional experienced tour guide or tour operator. This is outside the chaotic of the city life. It is the most important place to visit in Dhaka, Bangladesh, if you like calmness and village life.
Highlighted places in the tour: Panam City, Goaldi Mosque, Museum, landlord house and Jamdhani weaving village.
- Time to visit: Round the year.
- Starting: Pick up at 8 am or 9 am from your hotel or airport in Dhaka.
- Finish: Drop off at 6 pm at your hotel or airport in Dhaka.
- Can be customize: Timing and activities can be customized on your choice.
Itinerary of Sonargaon tour, the ancient capital city of Bengal, Panam City, Landlord house etc
- Starting of Sonargaon Tour: Our tour guide or tour operator will receive you from the airport or your staying hotel in Dhaka at 8 am / 9 am. We will start driving to the tourist spots.
- Goaldi Mosque, you will visit the oldest Goaldi mosque in Sonargaon. Goaldi mosque was constructed in 1519 with terracotta design. It is one domed mosque. It may take minimum 10 minutes to visit around.
- Panam city, we start the driving to the ancient capital city of Bengal. Once upon a time, this place was the capital of Bengal. There are abandoned houses built in Mughal period. These historical old houses were made between 12th to 15th century. This Panam city is like a ghost city now. It looks a cinematic view in the middle path standing houses on both sides. Panam city is the main attraction in Sonargaon tour. You can walk around to see old houses and get historical information.
- Sonargaon Museum, later we move to the Sonargaon museum in which you can see old things used centuries ago. There are landlord houses too. You can visit in the Sordar house. Sonargaon is the best place for archaeological interest tourists. It may take minimum 1 hour visit.
- Lunch, there are local restaurants serving local Bengali dishes. Most of the restaurants serve Bengal food as steamed rice, vegetable, meat, fish etc. But you can eat Chinese food too at some restaurants.
Jamdani Weaving Textile Visit
- Jamdani weaving village, then we will move to Jamdani weaving village. This village is known after the fabrics Jamdani cloth business. Because majority people involve in weaving activity. Once upon a time it was so famous in Bengal. Here you can see how people traditionally weave cloths with their old process like hand loom machine. In and around this village, you can walk to see their lifestyle. You may find people catching fish at the water bodies.
- Tour ends at 5/6 PM. We will drop off you at the mentioned place.
Tour Package Price Per Person Base in USD Dollar
|Person if||Each cost|
|Inclusion and Exclusion|
|Included: Pick up from your staying hotel or airport in Dhaka, AC reserved private car for whole day, parking fee, entry fee, English speaking experienced tour guide, boating and drop off at your hotel or airport in Dhaka.|
|Excluded: Lunch and your personal expense.|
Note: You can customize Sonargaon tour on your choice. Besides you can find out more package tour in Bangladesh organized by Orient Tourism Channel. Lunch can be added per person tk 500.
Opening Schedule of Sonargaon and Panam City Tour
Sonargaon Museum Opening Hours:
- During Summer (April- September) Friday- Wednesday: 10 AM – 6 PM.
- During Winter (October – March) Friday – Wednesday: 9 Am – 5 PM.
Sonargaor Museum Off Days:
(1) Thursdays, (2)Sobea Borat and Sobea Kodor, (3) In Ramadan, till 3 PM, (4) Previous day of Eid Day.
Panam Nagar Opening Hours:
- During summer (April-September) Tuesday-Saturday: 10 AM- 6 PM, Monday- 2.30 PM- 6 PM.
- During winter (October-March) Tuesday-Saturday: 9 AM-5 PM, Monday 1.30 PM- 5 PM.
Panam Nagar Off days:
(1) Sundays, (2) Any government holidays, (3) Till 4 PM, (4) The previous day and on Eid days.