Sightseeing in Bangladesh
A name of a country is Bangladesh. It was named after Bengali nation and its language. (Bangla language). It is not an old country, a new name after independence. It got independent in 1971. Before independence, it was east Pakistan. During that period Bangladeshis who were here were oppressed. Once it was beyond the oppression. There are more sightseeing in Bangladesh.
To save from cruel oppression, people gathered against it. After being united, the leader declared to join the fight. Then the blood shedding fight continued for nine months. Many people sacrificed their life. We got independence in exchange of sacrificed life. Later it became a freedom country. 21 February is mourning day. 26 March is independence day. And, 16 December is victory day.
Culture in Bangladesh
Culture is its distinctive little similar to Indian. Men and women have traditional dress. Women wear Shari which is a long cloth to cover the body and man wear lungi at waist, shirt, Panjabi at upper part of the body, this is traditional dress. But at present, many people living in big cities and young follow modern cultural dress. In countryside, aged and poor people still follow the traditional features.
Generally people are friendly and always active to help tourists. Bangladeshis welcome tourists with a smiley face that is really from the heart, when you spend with such friendly people, it will obviously please you. Bangladesh is greenery country of nature that mostly good for nature lovers.
Where is Bangladesh?
So, it is a common question to travelers planning to visit Bangladesh or want to know before traveling. It is really important to get an idea of where is Bangladesh. Most people do not know Where Bangladesh is. There is a country of the name Bangladesh in the world!
Because it is very small in its dimension. The question is that where is Bangladesh? As it’s a small country. Bangladesh is in Asia, surrounded by three sides by India except South where is the bay of Bengal. People may not know it well. Geographically it is in Indian subcontinent, south Asia. To know where this country is, you can see the map here.
Bangladesh Tour information – 8 divisions in Bangladesh
# Dhaka # Chittagong # Barisal # Khulna # Rajshahi # Rangpur # Mymensingh # Sylhet
- Dhaka: Sightseeing in Dhaka- British colony, medieval Muslim rulers’s houses, abandoned city, mosque (12- 13th century), Fabrics of British time, museum, the biggest river, boating, village life in islands, palaces, 500 hundred years oldest temple and pottery village.
- Chittagong: Sightseeing in Chittagong- the biggest sea port of Bangladesh, ship breaking yards, the longest sea beach in the world, blue water island, the highest hill tracts, aboriginal people, tribal life style, waterfall, war cemetery and Hindu’s famous temple. Cox’s bazaar
- Barisal: sightseeing in Barisal- floating market in the river, museum, landlord house, war cemetery and bazar.
- Khulna: sightseeing in Khulna- the biggest mangrove forest in the world, UNESCO- world heritage sites.
Tour operator in Bangladesh
- Rajshahi: sightseeing in Rajshahi- best place for archaeology lovers, the ruins of 6th-18th century.
- Rangpur: sightseeing in Rangpur- archaeological sites.
- Mymensingh: sightseeing in Mymensing- archaeological sites.
- Sylhet: sightseeing in Sylhet- green valley of tea garden, waterfall, tropical rain forest, swamp forest, saint place, vast wetland, migratory bird sanctuary and tribal people.
Bangla is in Orient Tourism Channel