Experience a day tour in Chittagong with our local tour operator and tour guide who are professional and experienced in this field. The tour guide will take you to the most highlighted places in Chittagong city.
- Highlights: Ship breaking yards, temple, biggest fish market, oldest mosque, boat repairing center etc.
- Starting and ending place: Any hotel or airport in Chittagong. Customize-able.
Chittagong Day Tour Plan
- Receive, at 6 am, our tour operator or local tour guide will receive you from your hotel or airport in Chittagong.
- Fish market, by reserved car, we will drive to the biggest fish market of Bangladesh. This is the only biggest fish market in Bangladesh. There are sea fish and river fish sale here. Here fish is sold in whole sale price to send to other cities of the country. It is a good place for photographers.
- Boat repairing, next we continue to fishing boat center. People make very big boats for fishing in the sea.
- We will visit shops selling parts of the ship. Used parts and materials of the ship are available in this area for sale.
- Building, Later we visit British colonial building, here we can see the oldest building built in British period. It shows the time of British. At railway station, we will see them.
- Ship breaking yard, we continue to ship breaking yard which is at the sea shore in Chittagong. There are high tide and low tide for the visiting. Depending on it, we continue this visit. We will take engine boat to visit in the sea side and you can see ship breaking yard from far. We can not not go close because it is not allowed and risky. Tourists can not go inside the boat to see the daily work or condition of the ship. It is possible to see from your boat in the sea. These ships are old ones to open and break them here. Parts of them are sold in the city. We can spend time here for 2 hours.
Lunch at local restaurant
- Just after this, we can have lunch in local restaurant or on your choice.
- After lunch, we move to salt production center. Some businessmen produce salt at the sea shore. The laborers collect salt from sea side and keep in their store. We can see here life of day workers.
- World cemetery, We will go to the second world war cemetery to visit the place.
- Patenga sea beach, is a sea beach and good place for boating. OR, Foys Lake, a man made lake for boating. OR,
- Oldest Mosque / Saint Place, you can visit the oldest mosque in Chittagong city. There is a Muslim saint place in which there are 1000 years old turtles in the pond.
- Fishing ghata, this is a place where you will see many wooden sea boats. These boats are used for catching fish.
- After this visiting, Our tour operator or guide will take you to your hotel or drop at the airport in Chittagong if you need to fly back.
- At 5/6 P.M, the trip ends.
Chittagong Day Tour Price in USD for Per Person
|Included and Excluded|
|Included: Pick up from any hotel in Chittagong or airport, drop off at the same place, reserved Air Conditioned car for whole day, English speaking tour operator, tour guide, bottled water, snacks – bread, vegetable, fruit, permission, any fee and boating cost.|
|Excluded: Lunch and your personal expenses.|
Note: Our tour operator and guide can arrange any program from Chittagong town to other places as day tour. It is customize-able. See more tour package in Bangladesh operated by Orient Tourism Channel.