Rangpur

Tajhat Rajbari / Rangpur Museum

Just south of the city of Rangpur lies the Tajhat, a former “rajbari” or zamindar’s palace. After the end of the British Raj, this building was abandoned and it is decayed rapidly though it was used for a few years as a court during the 1980. In the year 2004, this building was largely restored and turned into a museum with old inscriptions, art and coins from this location on display.

Kantanagar Temple is an eighteenth century brick-made temple that is situated in the peaceful island hamlet of Kantanagar (Kantanagar). It is about 12 miles north of Dinajpur town and about a mile west of Dinajpur-Tetulia highway across the Dhepa river. It has gained reputation as an wonderful tombstone in Bengal for its magnificent earth adornment. This nava-ratna or nine spired Hindu temple now exposed off its original nine spires atop its corners during the distressing earthquake of 1897, exhibits the exuberance of terracotta art at its best in Bangladesh.

Tajhat jamindar Palace in Rangpur

Tajhat Palace is a historic palac of Bangladesh that is located  in Rangpur.
This 20th Century palace was constructed by the local Jamindar. It was used as residence till 1950 when government acquisitioned the estate. In the 1980, Bangladesh Government used it as the local judge place for the high court division of the Supreme Court. Later in the 1990, it was shifted. This palace now has been turned into a museum and looking after by archaeological authority. In a wide green belt around the building, it makes a good pastime for the tourists.

Ramsagar man-made water tank as lake located at the village of Tejpur  which is about 8 km south of Dinajpur town. It is deemed to be the biggest man-made tank of Bangladesh. The tank was named after Raja Ram Nath who excavated it on the eve of the battle of palashi. In that moment Alivardi Khan was the prince of Bengal. This tank was excavated to supply water to the people living in the surrounding villages that people used it to their daily works like washing and drinking. The water area of Ramsagar measures 1079 m along north-south and 192.6m along east-west. Approximate depth of the tank is 9.5 m.